Banana Nutella Muffins
My husband has never baked on his own before but since he was home for the day, I asked if he’d bake up some banana Nutella muffins I saw on Pinterest. We had exactly 4 perfectly ripened bananas and I’ve been on a bananas and chocolate kick lately. Although he was hesitant to try this on his own, he ended up doing a wonderful job.
Although he mixed the Nutella directly into the batter rather than creating Nutella swirls, the banana muffins were great! I ate 3 of them on a flight to Dallas last week. You could easily add chips or nuts…he added some peanut butter chips on top. I frosted mine with some extra Nutella.
Banana Nutella Muffins (from Penguins & Cupcakes)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Whisk to combine ingredients well. Add the mashed banana, sugar, brown sugar, egg, canola oil and vanilla extract. Do not over mix (batter will be very thick).
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with a teaspoon of Nutella. Using a toothpick or BBQ skewer, swirl the Nutella into the muffin batter. Bake for 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.