Lamb & Barley Stew
Happy New Year!
- Added 2 stalks of chopped celery, 1 tbsp of tomato paste, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 2 bay leaves and 1/2 chopped brown onion
- Per the comments in the original recipe, I deglazed the pan with 1/3 cup of red wine to add another layer of flavor…could probably add a little more next time
- Used barley pearls…I’m not sure what barley grits are
- Poured in extra chicken broth because the barley pearls soaked up a lot of liquid
- Used 2 lbs of boneless lamb stew meat but would probably reduce to 1.5 lbs next time. It was too much meat for me and the lamb was pretty expensive anyway.
- Simmered for 2 hours so that the meat would tenderize…could probably use more time next time…maybe throw in the barley a little bit later to accommodate longer cook time
I would definitely make this again–very tasty and exactly what I was craving.